Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hats, Hats, Hats









I have been working on baby hats for a Babies In Need humanitarian project that our church is holding this Saturday. They are asking for donations of baby items as well as people to come and make items. Just for fun I timed myself this morning when making the hat above. It took 40 minutes. Not too bad. The pattern for the hat is from


The pattern did not include the flower, I just made it up. Email me if you would like the flower pattern.



Above are some more hats I made. The "tall" pattern is one I just created. The pattern is at the bottom of the blog.


Below is a piture of a hat I made a long time ago but was recently fished out of the halloween box. It is one of the first patterns I created without a pattern. And I didn't write it down, sorry.



My daughter didn't like wearing the hat very well.





Newborn Elf Hat Pattern




Materials: Caron Simply Soft Worsted Weight, Lime and Strawberry. Crochet hook size H.
Note: Unless otherwise noted, entire hat is worked in rounds that are not joined. All sc are worked in the Back Loop. In the last st of each rnd drop the current color and pick up the other color, keeping the strands to the inside of the hat.
Size: Newborn. (see note at bottom of pattern for suggestions on altering the pattern).
Rnd 1: With Pink Ch 3, work 3 sc in the first chain, drop pink and pick up green
Rnd 2: (work in back loops until otherwise noted) 2 sc in first sc of last round, sc in rem stitches, drop green, pick up pink (4 sc)
Rnd 3: 2 sc in first sc of last round, sc in rem stitches, drop pink pick up green
Rnd 4-31: repeat rnds 2 and 3
Rnd 32: repeat round 2 (34 st)
Rnd 33: *2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next, repeat from * around (52 st) drop pink, pick up green
Rnd 34-41: sc around switching colors at the end of each rnd (rnd 41 should be pink, then switch to green and fasten off pink)
Rnd 42: Joining round, with green sc around, jn with a sl st to first sc, and chain 2 (do not turn)
Rnd 43: (Work the last two rows in both loops) dc in next st and in each st around, jn with sl st to top of chain 2, chain 2
Rnd 44: (ribbing) *dcfp around next st, dcbp around next, repeat from * around, join to chain 2 with a sl st and fasten off.
Work in all loose ends.
Note: To make a bigger hat work more increase rounds after round 33. To make a taller and wider hat continue rounds 2&3 more times.
Please let me know if you make this hat!~ Also let me know please if there are mistakes in the pattern.
I also have a website with my bear patterns for sale. http://www.debbittybears.com/
Thanks for reading my blog, leave a note that you were here!


2 comments:

iSherry said...

She is so adorable in that hat!! You did a fantastic job! You are so talented! I want one!

It's great to see as a young lady she can voice her opinion so well! She rocks!
I'm going to make the elf hat! I love it!

Sherry
www.iknit-icrochet-iyarn.net

Betty Crochet said...

thank you for sharing your Elf Hat, you did a fantastic job and it's so cute.. I just have to make one ..