Saturday, January 27, 2007

www.debbittybears.com

Here is the Old Man Bear. He is made from several different fibers including mohair and wool. He is supposed to look like he has patches of fur missing. He is probably about 9 inches tall. The biggest deBBittybear I have done. I am thinking of calling him Mr FitzWitz or something. I am probably going to list him in on ebay.





I mentioned I lost my harddrive last week...Many Many pictures and documents. It is still very sad for me. I found out that my dh had not given me a new hard drive but my old drive, so I lost a LOT of things...so many photos...so sad... we ran recovery but the data cable fried the hard drive to the point that there is just nothing. On his computer which I had been using since mine was "being fixed" there were some things saved (that he had written over) that I was able to recover.

On the crochet side we were able to recover most of my bear patterns. I did lose the pattern for an afghan that I designed a few years ago. Someone else is looking at it so I need to retype it in. (thank goodness i have a hard copy.) I took some pictures of it today. I think it is beautiful...even if I did design it myself.







The yarn was SO expensive. I bought it for a contest so I justified it. Even then, the price was twice what I thought it would be. Over 100 dollars. OUCH! So I tried to make the nicest afghan I could and it was a pleasure working with that nice yarn and having it work up like it did. I wanted it to look like pieces of vintage chenille fabric pieced together.




Here is baby wrapped up in the blanket. (with big sister) She is the first kid to be wrapped in it. I have taken it out of the Cedar Chest for Photos today. But it went back in.

I have also been doing some tunisian crochet. I LOVE it. It works up so fast and looks really nice. I love doing striped scarfs with it. It creates this really cool reverse effect.



I also have a FREE pattern posted at Craftbits.com It is for a mohair thread bear. The link is....



http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=1694


It is listed in their top ten.



Happy Crocheting!
love, deBBie

1 comment:

whimsymoon said...

Oooh! I am so sorry to hear about your computer hard drive! That's awful!
I do love old man bear! What a perfect name for him.
You children are beautiful! Especially the little one wrapped in that gorgeous blanket!!!
Hugs,
Angela